Keto Running Mama is a blog about living a clean, dairy-free ketogenic lifestyle as a means of fighting auto-immunity. The author runs marathons on a low- carb ketogenic diet and is thriving despite a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis.
Why I Run
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Click on the link below to learn about why I decided to become a runner after receiving a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis:
Hi, All. I wanted to check in and let you know that I made it to the double-digits in my preparation runs for the Pittsburgh 1/2 marathon. I ran a 10 miler yesterday. I am sure that you have picked up from other times that I have checked in that I am really struggling to get in all of my weekly miles. I have let that go. My children come first...and I keep them busy....which means that I am busy. This isn't going to change. And I believe that good, quality sleep is just as important as getting in some good exercise. There are only so many hours in a day, so I have decided to be kind to myself and get in what I can get in...without beating myself up if it is not enough. I need to remember what this is all for...and it is for good health, building neuroplasticity to fight Multiple Sclerosis progression and damage, empowerment, and being a good role model for my children. This is not about perfectionism....clinging to a schedule that ...
KetoRunningMama Hi, All. I originally had named this blog after the name that my family had dubbed itself when I was going through the process of diagnosis, Team Moore. Team Moore has meant a lot to me. Team Moore expanded itself to be many people outside of my immediate family...and way outside even my extended family. Team Moore became and ebbed and flowed....and they have been the people who convinced me that my grit would eventually take over, I would remember who I was....and MS would not overtake me. I could not have reclaimed my health, revamped how I eat, ran two marathons, and turned this curse into a blessing without Team Moore. Because of this...I wanted to name my blog "Team Moore" after it. After further consideration, however, I decided that I was leaving out too much information about what it is that I want to write about. I also felt like the content that I originally wanted to focus on....living a dairy-free, clean-eating, ketog...
Getting used to a diet with little to no sugar can be quite an adjustment...especially for kids. When I adopted this lifestyle, my eyes were really opened to exactly how much sugar we are feeding to our children. It is in their peanut butter, their cereal, their snacks, their granola bars, their juice boxes, and much more. When one starts to read labels, one can really see how damaging the cumulative effect of all of that sugar can be! It really is disturbing when you realize how much better you feel without sugar that we have changed the pallets of our children by making them crave more and more of it. For a long time, my daughters turned their noses up to any keto snacks that I made....largely because they looked good, but when they bit into them, they were not sweet enough. The funny thing is, they were sweetened....but with low-glycemic index sweeteners that just were not sweet enough for my children. Today, after months and months of working on lower...
Comments
Post a Comment